1. The opening montage served to remind us what a long ten weeks it has been
2. There was some feeling that perhaps the wrong people were in the final
3. Kim-Joy’s handwriting inadvertently invented a brand new piece of kitchen equipment
4. Rahul’s admission he’d “never had a doughnut” didn’t exactly fill everyone with confidence for the final signature challenge
5. A VT of Rahul’s friends saying their lives would be “dull without him” had people a bit emosh
6. A real bee trying to get sexy with Kim-Joy’s iced bee had us all a bit like...
7. The news they would be leaving the tent for the technical challenge was a real curve ball
8. Many feared for the contestants being left in charge of an open fire
9. Others questioned whether the ability to make a fire really challenged their baking skills
10. Some also claimed it was too much of a departure from traditional challenges
11. The bakers’ efforts also had people questioning if standards had slipped
12. When Rahul’s glass jar exploded in the showstopper, they were speculation as to who was really responsible
13. People were ready to go into battle if he ended up being penalised for the freak accident
14. The announcement of Rahul as the winner sparked some very mixed reactions. There were those who were happy...
15. And those who were less so...
16. Others longed for a simpler time
17. Kim-Joy was also welcomed into a very special club
18. But no-one could deny the phonecall Rahul shared with his mum was just lovely
19. However, there were genuine concerns for the safety of the trophy
20. Attention quickly turned to next year’s series
21. But luckily, there is something to be going on with in the meantime...
The complete series of ‘The Great British Bake Off’ is available to watch now on All4.