We’re officially a nation of screen junkies.
Adults in the UK spend an average of one day a week - 25 hours - online, according to a new survey. Meanwhile 42% go online or check apps more than 10 times a day and around one in 10 access the internet more than 50 times a day.
For those who don’t know where to begin, here are nine tips to help you on your way.
1. Put it away at meal times
2. Be mindful of limiting screen time
3. Buy an alarm clock
4. Go on a digital detoxing adventure
5. Take regular mini-digital detoxes at home
6. Compliment people in real life
7. Take up a non-screen based hobby
“If your work demands hours staring at a screen, take up a hobby that takes you away from that like swimming, yoga or pottery,” says Talks.
8. Use tech to fight tech
9. Don’t ‘phub’
-- This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.